Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
smilee said:
Growing up Lutheran, Im a strong believer in faith. What I dont understand is how some random blob came out of water (and how did the water get there?) and suddenly became a man. How did the blob form? What was the blob made of? And how did the makings of the blob get there? I think its way more believable to say that God created the earth then some random blob crawling out of a body of water. But yeahhh...

[ha. sorry about my lack of knowledge. I have no range of vocabulary, im referring to my use of 'blob']

I will dispel all your heaven-sent "blob" notions now: The blob was a concoction of basic chemical building blocks made of nucleotides and self-replicating proteins that came about from the contents in the primordial atmosphere on Earth. The early atmosphere formed a conducive enviroment for these building blocks to get assimilated into one whole and collate all fragments to form the first auto-replicating protein/nucleotide entities. These formed the first ancestors of all life on Earth - where else would the cradle of life be than in water (which proved more hospitable than land). These entities grew and evolved in time, assimilating nutrients, replicating, and becoming more complex in the process. The first single-celled organisms were formed and then there was a whole progression to plants and fish to amphibians to reptiles to birds to mammals to primates and to man. The so-called "blob" never became man suddenly - it took a couple of billion years to do so.

smilee said:
[edit:] I also find it hard to believe evolution because of how many different stories there are. I have not yet heard two theories of evolution that are same. & im just going to agree with whoever said the bible is NOT a fact book and it is NOT written by God himself. Man wrote it therefore there will be mistakes because we are not perfect.

Evolution is not a fairy-tale or a fable and therefore far removed from being a mere "story". Also, there is only one scientifically supported theory: Darwin's Theory. It has more concrete proof now than ever. Pseudogenes — random bits of DNA that don’t code for viable protein amino acid sequences and act merely as genetic place holders — are an effective proof of shared ancestry. Since pseudogenes are not subject to natural selection, they don’t change greatly. Hence, humans and chimpanzees share common pseudogenes. This is a test of evolution. Were chimps and humans independently designed by God, they would not likely share the same pseudogenes (or even have pseudogenes, for that matter); and if humans and chimps did not share the same pseudogenes, then evolution would be falsified. But since it is not, thus creationism is futile.

Also the keywords in ur last sentence were that "Man wrote the Bible" -- not some holy entity -- so how does that in any remote way give it any degree of plausibility at all?? bah!

smilee said:
I have no idea what you're getting at with the end of your post other than trying to support me. You were being sarcastic, but that sarcasm did nothing more than point out how foolish the Bible really is.

I also kind of found that a little offending. The Bible is simply foolish to you because you dont believe in it, but to others, its the only thing that gets them through they're life. If you truly read the entire Bible and studied it every day like I had to in school (Going to a Lutheran k-8 school, high school, and college) You would realize that it indeed is not a book telling us how things were made, but why and why we should believe them. No one said you had to believe in the Bible, why do you think Christianity is not the main teaching of the world? I just dont see how you can turn down such an uplifting and inspiring book, and I dont know how you can get through life without it. & im normally not a person to cause uproar but I just thought I needed to add this.
But creationism being taught at school instead of evolution = walking backwards and regressing to the dark ages again.

newBookmarkLockedFalling