Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
cf we can all believe that 1 + 1 =3, but that does not necessarily make it correct ;)

cf
slipstream said:
cf we can all believe that 1 + 1 =3, but that does not necessarily make it correct ;)

We could all believe that there was just a big BANG and created the world....doesn't mean its correct

Last Edit: Feb 14, 2007 18:22:52 GMT by cf

Kai

Kai Avatar

Official Member

September 2005
That logic is heavily flawed.

We could all believe God exist, and created the world, yet it doesn't mean it's correct.

Nothing is proven with this sentence, why bother reciting it?
Religion should be put back in its place - beneath man, not above him.

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
cf said:
slipstream said:

We could all believe that there was just a big BANG and created the world....doesn't mean its correct

I don't believe that the Big Bang happened and created everything - I know so. Research and proof worked on by a thousand different scientists says so. :)

cf
slipstream said:
cf said:

I don't believe that the Big Bang happened and created everything - I know so. Research and proof worked on by a thousand different scientists says so. :)

naw

cf
alfredlau said:
That logic is heavily flawed.

We could all believe God exist, and created the world, yet it doesn't mean it's correct.

Nothing is proven with this sentence, why bother reciting it?

basically saying its not true, could go on forever, thats why people believe both.

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
1. Use Modify button next time - don't double post.
2. One if Blind Faith and the second is Scientific Proof and Logic - To each his own - does not necessarily mean both are equally valid concepts.

cf
Everyone is going to believe what they want to believe is the bottom line.

Virtuoso

Virtuoso Avatar

May 2006
cf said:

If that's your logic, why bother coming here?

Yes, I do believe in religion. I find it incredibly dubious to proclaim that preceding the big bang, nothing was found. There was no time, no space. Incredibly hard to consider, unless you take into account one possible factor: Divine Intervention.

It's quite possible for scientific theories, and religious prophecies to co-exist with each other. All it really requires is an open mind.

cf
Basically I can just keep arguing, but I don't feel like doing that

Virtuoso

Virtuoso Avatar

May 2006
cf said:

I'll say it again, Stop posting here.

This thread is here for people who are strongly supporting their beliefs, and are interested in dueling verbally with each other. I do not mean to mini-moderate, but if you aren't willing to do that, why come here?

cf
virtuoso said:
cf said:

I'll say it again, Stop posting here.

This thread is here for people who are strongly supporting their beliefs, and are interested in dueling verbally with each other. I do not mean to mini-moderate, but if you aren't willing to do that, why come here?

Chill out, don't get all high and mighty

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
virtuoso said:
cf said:

If that's your logic, why bother coming here?

Yes, I do believe in religion. I find it incredibly dubious to proclaim that preceding the big bang, nothing was found. There was no time, no space. Incredibly hard to consider, unless you take into account one possible factor: Divine Intervention.

It's quite possible for scientific theories, and religious prophecies to co-exist with each other. All it really requires is an open mind.

I don't think it is necessary for divine intervention to have preceded the big bang. I think all matter and energy and dark matter together go through a series of major crunches and big bangs --- the dark matter spread throughout the universe fights gravity and is pushing everything outwards -- but eventually Gravity will overcome it and cause everything to fall back into one point. Result: A major crunch. That will be followed by another big bang and a new universe. This cycle is eternal --- we have absolutely no proof as of now to comprehend whether and if everything was spontaneously created or generated by something -- the laws of physics explain a continuous cycle of bang and crunch --- the two forces of gravity and dark energy fighting each other.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
virtuoso said:

I find it incredibly dubious to proclaim that our universe is the one, sole universe and that nothing exists outside of it.

In other words, you're basing your logic on an assumption that says our universe is the only one.

You are right to an extent with the co-existence of religion with science, but I've read Genesis and it clearly states that God created the world in 6 days, the Sun on the fourth. However, we know that it could not have possibly happened this way and that the Big Bang had to be in there somewhere long before Earth's creation. So not ALL religions can co-exist with science. Though, I do believe Hinduism is one of them (they believe that every 100 billion years, Brahma destroys everything he created and recreates it. That could theoretically work with the Big Bang theory, though I don't know the specifics of it so I can't say for sure.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
slipstream said:
cf said:

When the Big Bang is no longer a theory then maybe your statement would actually hold some ground. Even scientists who are not religious debate upon the "start" of the universe. The big bang just happens to be the most commonly agreed upon, it has not, in any way, shape, or form, been proven.

:
Christian's and Jew's who read that section in a literal manner do disagree with science, but many sects read the bible in a symbolic manner. Based upon that you can't count all people who "believe" in Genesis out.

Last Edit: Feb 23, 2007 0:41:00 GMT by Eric

newBookmarkLockedFalling