Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

.trance\\

.trance\\ Avatar

August 2005
Too bad all that work you put into v3 has gone to waste.

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
early april fools joke?

I sure hope so.
--
Well I'll miss SZ. I hardly ever posted anything, but it's just one of those forums that you don't need to post to love it.
--
on a semi-side note: hoooooly crap josh, those skins are freaking amazing.

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
This is really sad.

To Joe, Chris, and Kay: This was and is a monument in time - in the proboardsverse. And it is mainly because of you guys and also the many members that have come and gone, down the months and years. This was the first place I had come to looking for help when I was a PB noob. I wish all of you the very best in everything. As they say, "Life's a dance" and you guys really did jive like there was no tomorrow. Good luck and goodbye.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
danielazarc Avatar
Oct 9, 2008 2:59:49 GMT @danielazarc said:
Ah hell. And I just came back, too.

With all due respect, this isn't going out with a bang like it started up, it's going out with a 'wtf just happened'. It's going out quickly and suddenly without letting all the supposed great members know beforehand. xD But meh, to each their own definition.

SZ was a great site... I've been off and on it for years but I sort of figured it'd always be here. It was hard to imagine, and still is, that it'd ever close and do anything but grow and become more successful. Curse that which is real life.

Oh well. It was fun. Artemis out.

It's going out with a bang. No one saw it coming apparently and people are shocked. I classify that as a bang. :P

Oh, and Josh, Version 3 looked AMAZING. I love those designs and concepts.

Thanks. :)

Anyways, V3 is awesome.. Josh has done a great job.

Thank you. :)

on a semi-side note: hoooooly crap josh, those skins are freaking amazing.

lol. Thanks.

Too bad all that work you put into v3 has gone to waste.

it happens. I was doing a commission that promised to pay $400. Spent roughly a week working on it, turned it it, and the guy had changed his mind. I'm sure my work will show up elsewhere on Proboards eventually

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I don't even know where to begin.

I understand that the work load must be tough. I won't begin to try to tell you that it's manageable because I don't live your life, I don't know what you're responsible for. All I do know is that SZ has gone through worse droughts in the past, and has gone through worse times; trust me I remember. To close it so suddenly just doesn't seem right, with or without version three on the horizon. Everyone is saying that the forum went out with the bang. But it had so much possibility to keep thriving. To me it didn't go out with a whimper or a bang: it's more like it had its throat cut, all its potential killed in one blow.

Maybe now would've been a good time for new management, new help, new something while you were busy with football and life in general, to wait it out, because if you had something here that wasn't worth running, I'd be the first one to say that to you. For most forums if I were suggested to "wait it out" until you and the management had free time, I would tell you to close it. Tell you that it's not worth it, that in the end it won't make a difference. But hey, it seems different here. Not that I have any evidence mind you, just a gut feeling that there could've been a difference.

I mean, this place was listed on the front page of ProBoards. That has to tell you something.

So even though it may be futile, I strongly ask you to reconsider. Maybe some changes would have to be made, maybe it would take a while, but I think I speak for everyone when I say we would appreciate another good look at the situation.

But yes, even though I never really said it, I did have fun the three years I was here. I may not have put as much work as others, but I did try and in recollection, hope I did a good job. Memories? Yes, but I wouldn't know what to name or where to start now, honestly.

Regrets? A little. I regret not getting other people's MSNs, not being a little more involved, especially if by some magical foresight I had seen this coming.

Overall though, I hope we all keep in touch, through MSN or whatnot. I know I promised to cut myself off from forums, but maybe nostalgia's keeping me back (that bitch). So I don't know where I'll go from here, if anywhere. If anyone wants to keep contact, my MSN is shadowyone@gmail.com.

But thanks for everything nonetheless. This post may have been cheesy but damn it all it's true.

Last Edit: Oct 25, 2008 22:10:27 GMT by Ess Ohh

nathanielgresham

nathanielgresham Avatar

February 2009
Ess Ohh Avatar
I don't even know where to begin.

I understand that the work load must be tough, Chris. Probably even beyond just tough. I won't begin to try to tell you that it's manageable because I don't live your life, I don't know what you're responsible for. All I do know is that SZ has gone through worse droughts in the past, and has gone through worse times; trust me I remember. To close it so suddenly just doesn't seem right, with or without version three on the horizon. Everyone is saying that the forum went out with the bang. But it had so much possibility to keep thriving. To me it didn't go out with a whimper or a bang: it's more like it had its throat cut, all its potential killed in one blow.

Maybe now would've been a good time for new management, new help, new something while you were busy with football and life in general, to wait it out, just wait it out, because if you had something here that wasn't worth running, I'd be the first one to say that to you. For most forums if I were suggested to "wait it out" until you and the management had free time, I would tell you to close it. Tell you that it's not worth it, that in the end it won't make a difference. But I can't say that here. Not that I have any evidence mind you, just a gut feeling that it would have a difference. A big one.

I mean, this place was listed on the front page of ProBoards. That has to tell you something.

So even though it may be futile, I strongly ask you to reconsider, for everyone here. Maybe some changes would have to be made, maybe it would take a while, but I think I speak for everyone when I say we would appreciate another good look at the situation.

But yes, even though I never really said it, I did have fun the three years I was here. I may not have put as much work as others, but I did try and in recollection, hope I did a good job. Memories? Yes, but I wouldn't know what to name or where to start now, honestly.

Regrets? A little. I regret not getting other people's MSNs, not being a little more involved in the community, especially if by some magical foresight I had seen this coming.

Overall though, I hope we all keep in touch, through MSN or whatnot. I know I promised to cut myself off from forums, but I guess it's true: you don't know what you've had until it's gone. So I don't know where I'll go from here, and I'll be lying if I don't say I feel a little lost. If anyone wants to keep contact, my MSN is shadowyone@gmail.com.

But thanks for everything nonetheless. This post may have been cheesy but damn it all if I didn't mean it.

Agree.

Greg

Greg Avatar

July 2008
I guess this will be my 2nd and last post in here unless something should take a turn for a change in the future.

I don't really know many or any of you personally but as with all community forums there is a sense of family and friendship. It appears that this one is for the lack of better words "breaking up".

I'm sure there are many in this forum who deserve lots of thanks and recognition but I want to limit it to just two at this moment.

To Chris:
You have done so much for so many with the codes you have created and helped so many make their boards unique. If I'm not mistaken, you stepped in and took over at the time SoCal's site after his untimely and shocking death. If I'm wrong on any of these accounts anyone please feel free to correct me.
Thank you Chris and good luck in your future endeavors.

To Wrighty:
I want to thank you for unlocking my membership to this board. I thought I was forever going to be in the status of awaiting approval. I look forward to being witness to all the help you will provide at the PB support coding forum.

Cheers mates (for everyone and not just for Chris and Wrighty)

nathanielgresham

nathanielgresham Avatar

February 2009
This is too sad. :'(

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Lol, it's prolly stupid to feel this way but my heart plunged 1000 meters into my stomach when I saw SZ was in maintenance, and then it stayed there when I read the goodbye notice.

SZ was the first great community I found when I found out about ProBoards - through somebody's siggy in ProBoards Support lol.

We had many great times come and go - but I must admit I felt a little premonition coming on when I saw CC #31 hadn't been judged for a month.

At least we are in archive mode.

~ ΒΆ Nomad

ScottCool

ScottCool Avatar

November 2005
yeah at least we can remember SZ :)

Smangii

Smangii Avatar
Smangii Avatar

March 2006
R.I.P

:(

danielazarc
Josh Avatar
danielazarc Avatar
Oct 9, 2008 2:59:49 GMT @danielazarc said:
Ah hell. And I just came back, too.

With all due respect, this isn't going out with a bang like it started up, it's going out with a 'wtf just happened'. It's going out quickly and suddenly without letting all the supposed great members know beforehand. xD But meh, to each their own definition.

SZ was a great site... I've been off and on it for years but I sort of figured it'd always be here. It was hard to imagine, and still is, that it'd ever close and do anything but grow and become more successful. Curse that which is real life.

Oh well. It was fun. Artemis out.

It's going out with a bang. No one saw it coming apparently and people are shocked. I classify that as a bang. :P

I'll clarify -- I was expecting a more positive bang. :P

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
So was I. ;(

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
SO's remanagement idea is good...if I was in an administrator postion, I would love to pass SZ to someone else that would continue the site along while rebuilding the community and recruiting fresh staff into Team Studio.

:)
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Ditto. :)

Perhaps a petition?
SZ has gone too far for us to kill it now.

newBookmarkLockedFalling