Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yes, this is the end. That's what that period symbolizes. SZ will not be returning. I have put the forum in an archive mode (other than this board) so that members can PM each other, still receive codes and premades (I was contemplating this before reading your comment Corrupt), and ask us, the staff, any final questions you guys have still. I'm not gonna directly answer any questions that were posted in the blog.

For now though, I'm gonna give you guys a little background info on this situation and how it came to be. I can't remember when exactly, but in either August or September, I mentioned to Kay that there was a good chance I was gonna resign. I just didn't have any time for SZ, as is fairly noticeable with my activity for the last few months, since football started. Last night, the 7th, Kay approached me on MSN about the fact she wished to resign. Though it isn't her fault, she picked the exactly wrong moment to say anything like that. I won't go into details, but I ended up being rash and saying "Fuck it all" (with respect to SZ) and just telling her to close it. That's why it was so sudden.

As proof that we will not be bringing back SZ or that this is some hoax for v3, Josh will be posting most, if not all, of the v3 concept arts when he posts.

Also, I owe a few shoutouts to some specific people, and I'll do that soon enough, but right now I need to say a few things. To the staff who currently or ever comprised Team Studio... I thank you guys deeply. You guys probably put hundreds of hours into SZ, and I can't thank you enough for that. In the end, it was not in vain. We created a very powerful design community that provides one of the largest collections of resources on ProBoards. I'm sorry that this ended so... suddenly. But I really couldn't see it going down any other way. Remember, SZ was a forum that just sprang to life. We accumulated close to 3k posts in the first day we were open. We had little to no initial advertising; the forum just appeared. It's only fit the forum should end the same way.

Last Edit: Oct 9, 2008 2:08:25 GMT by Chris

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Sigh. It’s been three years. So many wonderful times have gone in and out of this place. And honestly, I get a little emotional thinking about not being able to come to the Studio every day and open it up and see the funny posts, the carefree atmosphere that I could always count on to be there. None of you members ever really caused us trouble, and I highly appreciated that. You members were great, and our decision to close the Studio down had absolutely nothing to do with any of you. I just want to thank the staff that have stood by us and supported us, as well as you members and former staff. The Studio wouldn’t have made it this far without all of you.

I know that excuses aren’t want you all want to read, but time constrictions have really worn thin between Chris and myself. As he battles his senior year, I’m taking on my first year of college, working, spending time with my other half, and taking care of SSD. I’m well aware we should have discussed this with the other staff members, however, both Chris and I kind of made this decision on a whim, and are finally taking the time to settle everything, and leave you with a bit of an explanation.

Feel free to ask me questions here, or you can always pin me down at SSD. Studio Zero has been great, I’ll miss it, and I’ll miss all of you. Feel free to visit me at SSD or on MSN. Love you all.

Last Edit: Oct 9, 2008 1:46:07 GMT by Kay

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
So... that's it. Studio Zero is done. For the most part, I've seen it coming for a few weeks now. Nothing was ever said but I could just feel it and from things Kay and Chris were saying, either Kay and I would take over as admins or it was going to close. Kay decided she didn't want to do it anymore so... no more SZ at all.

I spent a lot of time here. Upwards of 2500 posts in roughly 1 year, Three tenures as staff, two periods of hiatus, two skins designed, 0 skins released. My first real experience was as a beta tester on v2. A lot of my ideas ended up being used in the week or so I was there. I was a controversial tester due to the fact that I was a Gmod at the time at SSD and we were preparing to release the vaporware v6.

After being ousted from my position at SSD and a falling out with some members there, I came to SZ. I called this place home for quite a while. Became friends with Chris, Fredy, dodz, and Joe. Joking around with Shadow (I swear, Chris was biased towards you in the freaking Caption Contests). Making the scavenger hunt that had people tearing their hair out. It was all fun.

Now, I could go on like this for pages. But... I'm not going to. I am going to miss Studio Zero. I am going to miss the headaches it gave me when I was a staff member. I am going to miss the people. I am going to miss my "Fixed" addiction.

All good things have to end, though. If you want to see me, you can catch me at SSD. To end this on a good note, I present you with every single v3 concept I made.

CONCEPTS REMOVED FOR THE TIME BEING

One last thing: These images are not for use by anyone. All images outside of logos for other sites and the image on here were made by me (and Joe for the SZ logo) and I retain all rights. This design was born with SZ and it dies with it.

Last Edit: Oct 18, 2008 23:58:51 GMT by Josh

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
I think I have pretty said many things I have needed to say in my blog:
dentjoe.wordpress.com/2008/10/08/studio-zero-always-remembered/

You guys can still find me there...it's a shame that things have ended this way...you guys have been great. Sticking with us to the bitter end and made what SZ is today.

I like Chris' summary of SZ: We entered the Proboards community with a bang and ended it in the same fashion.

-Joe
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Joe... your avatar is, for the first time, oh so fitting.

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Josh Avatar
Joe... your avatar is, for the first time, oh so fitting.

To Josh: LOL, so true... :'(
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

ScottCool

ScottCool Avatar

November 2005
Its sad to see SZ go, Good luck guys with life :)

nathanielgresham

nathanielgresham Avatar

February 2009
I guess it is my turn sadly :'(. I remember when I first came to Studio Zero. It was a very active , yet calm forum. I thought I fit right in. I hate to Studio Zero go. I wonder what happened. I guess all I can say is that I will miss this place dearly , but it is time to move on. I feel as if in a strange way that life is exactly giving everyone an opportunity.

To the Staff - You did the best you could. I wish you the best of luck on your journeys. You are the best.

To anyone who would like to contact me , just go to my new home , Solid Snake Designs or email me at nathanielgresham@yahoo.com

I will miss you all. :'(

Farewell,
Nathaniel

Last Edit: Oct 9, 2008 2:41:55 GMT by nathanielgresham

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I have to say I am very VERY sad an disappointed to see SZ go. SZ has always been my home on the internet. It was my place of comfort and solitude. It made me who I am. I Learned alot of SZ. I made lots of friends. I gained lots of experiences.

I will never forget what SZ has given me. I wish I could say I gave SZ everything I could have, but my recent drop in activity can't back that up. I hate being busy.

If anyone needs to contact me, feel free to add me to msn (starboy_0505@hotmail.com) or pm me at ProMedia.

Goodbye Studio Zero.

Sincerely,
Fredy

Studio Zero Moderator
Promedia Administrator
pro-media.proboards81.com
k

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
I guess I don't have a whole lot to say.

I started getting interested in SZ a few months ago. Been here for a while (mainly to be a leecher for codes/graphics/etc). I finally decided to get involved. And I'm proud that I was able to before SZ 'kicked the bucket'.

Sadly I probably wouldn't have known SZ was closing / had closed if it weren't for Chris IMing me and saying "FYI, SZ closed." This would be because I've been so busy with life lately.

Although it's sad to see SZ go, I'm happy that it had a positive effect on many lives, including my own.

Best wishes to everyone,
Benjamin
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

danielazarc
Ah hell. And I just came back, too.

With all due respect, this isn't going out with a bang like it started up, it's going out with a 'wtf just happened'. It's going out quickly and suddenly without letting all the supposed great members know beforehand. xD But meh, to each their own definition.

SZ was a great site... I've been off and on it for years but I sort of figured it'd always be here. It was hard to imagine, and still is, that it'd ever close and do anything but grow and become more successful. Curse that which is real life.

Oh well. It was fun. Artemis out.

acdc

acdc Avatar

Official Member

September 2007
Everything must come to an end eventually. Studio Zero is no exception. Its time to move on. While it saddens me and most of us that the Studio is closing, I'm also happy for Chris and the staff. They made this place great and should be proud. May they have luck in their future endeavors and be successful in whatever they do. Thank you Studio Zero. Anyone can contact me here

^Sig by Remixed
MLSRepository

Remixed

Remixed Avatar

April 2006
This is sad, extremely sad. I loved Studio Zero.... sure, I didn't post as much, but I came here every day and browsed, and such. SZ was a place I could trust to be drama-free and professional. In my opinion, which I've said to others also, Studio Zero was the most fantastic ProBoards forum that deserved so much attention to because of the amazing community.

I am not only sad though, I am glad it is getting the proper closure... unlike other forums have, and other forums that should close. If I were to predict the closure of this forum, it would be after SSD closed, after PV closed, after PBS closed... I guess it was just a slap in the face.

Anyways, Studio Zero will always be a legendary forum, whether some would admit to it or not. I will always love this smiley: :)

Oh, and Josh, Version 3 looked AMAZING. I love those designs and concepts.

EDIT: The resources I have provided on Studio Zero will stay as they are. If they need updates, please contact me either at my personal forum or email/im me at maxedremix@hotmail.com or maxedremix@yahoo.com.

EDIT #2: It's ironic, Studio Zero closed on my birthday. :'(

Last Edit: Oct 9, 2008 4:15:33 GMT by Remixed

Grace Elaine [Epic Century]

Grace Elaine [Epic Century] Avatar
It's easy to see with out Looking too far that not much is really sacred

February 2008
Absolute Rubbish.

My resources that I submitted can stay here. Any one that comes across them and needs them can get support at my website: www.brianhammond.exofire.net

I'm off to the pub ladies and gents.

It's been nice.

-Pritchard

richardgary1223
What? I can't believe it... SZ's dead.. Too sad for me, though.

So everything's gone... the fun times, the staff and even V3... Studio Zero was a cool forum.. Anyways, best of luck to everyone who were members on this forum.

SZ was an amazing community. I loved the contests, codes and the awards held (I also wanted to a part of the award nominees lol, but its over).

Anyways, V3 is awesome.. Josh has done a great job.

Last Edit: Oct 9, 2008 5:27:07 GMT by richardgary1223

newBookmarkLockedFalling