Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005

zomgwtfbbqsauce

And here I thought you only existed on facebook anymore. :o

Joe Kerr Avatar
You guys planning on getting your databases running again with V5? I was hoping that forums like this would pick back up with all the new coding and graphics opportunities, but with how Support does it right now there still isn't much reason to go anywhere else :P

I do intend to. :) PB will be releasing their own official plugin and theme database that will let you click to install to your forum. However, there is still a need to provide support/requests, template modifications, and other premade images, so we'll shift to a focus on that.

Simie Avatar
Justin Avatar
SZ be broken. I'm sure you knew that though :P

v1 still looks great!

He meant dead broken, not that v1 is bad. :P If v1 is broken, I'm not seeing it in Chrome...

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Chris Avatar
He meant dead broken, not that v1 is bad. :P If v1 is broken, I'm not seeing it in Chrome...

Seems obvious he meant that, now. :-[

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Simie Avatar
Chris Avatar

Seems obvious he meant that, now. :-[

Happens to me all the time. >.<

But really, if anything is currently broken template wise, please post a bug. haha.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
I hope to stick around and help out more at least on the support forum. I have sorta got back into coding :) I always liked working on forums outside of support when helping with coding stuff though so I might just spend a lot of time on here if we can revive this ;)

Speaking of which that would be a cool group. I've wanted one on here for a while and have the points for it I just never got around to it. If someone wants to make a graphic we can make a SZ Revival Squad group for people who want to make a commitment to staying active on here :)

Last Edit: Jan 3, 2013 0:50:26 GMT by Joe Kerr
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Toshiru

Toshiru Avatar

Dedicated Member

June 2010
Chris Avatar

I want your guys opinion: Should I try to make them extremely similar to what they look like on v4 or should I take what was SZv1 (and v0, v2, etc.) and mold them around PBv5?

I'm leaning towards molding them around v5 right now. Obviously anything that was a complete template modification before will be translated to PBv5.

Molding the theme into PBv5 would be the best bet. PBv5's features are a must.

:)
Send me a message and we can talk about design forums.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
*likes above post*

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Toshiru Avatar
Chris Avatar

I want your guys opinion: Should I try to make them extremely similar to what they look like on v4 or should I take what was SZv1 (and v0, v2, etc.) and mold them around PBv5?

I'm leaning towards molding them around v5 right now. Obviously anything that was a complete template modification before will be translated to PBv5.

:o

img171.imageshack.us/img171/1182/screenshot20130104at425.png

img685.imageshack.us/img685/1182/screenshot20130104at425.png

After quite the painstaking effort, I've got the main page looking just about perfect. :) Figured I'd show you guys what it looks like. :P

Input wanted:
1) What do you think of the notification bubbles (see first image)? Ben and I don't like it, but it's something for now.

2) Mark All Boards As Read... should I make it an image again, or keep the v5 suit and leave it as text?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Joe Kerr Avatar
I hope to stick around and help out more at least on the support forum. I have sorta got back into coding :) I always liked working on forums outside of support when helping with coding stuff though so I might just spend a lot of time on here if we can revive this ;)

Speaking of which that would be a cool group. I've wanted one on here for a while and have the points for it I just never got around to it. If someone wants to make a graphic we can make a SZ Revival Squad group for people who want to make a commitment to staying active on here :)

I'm all for reviving it. :P

And go for it, as long as you can get the people together.

BTW, for the record, I will be making any SZ groups from the point shop into actual groups on v5. I'll work out how to get the 30 point fee taken care of later. :P

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Chris Avatar
Toshiru Avatar

After quite the painstaking effort, I've got the main page looking just about perfect. :) Figured I'd show you guys what it looks like. :P

Input wanted:
1) What do you think of the notification bubbles (see first image)? Ben and I don't like it, but it's something for now.

2) Mark All Boards As Read... should I make it an image again, or keep the v5 suit and leave it as text?

Looking good, Chris. The notification bubbles do look a bit weird. Replacing the menu item with the flashing hover version if there is a notification might look better. Just an idea :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Simie Avatar
Chris Avatar

Input wanted:

Looking good, Chris. The notification bubbles do look a bit weird. Replacing the menu item with the flashing hover version if there is a notification might look better. Just an idea :)

Hmm. That is one idea, but that doesn't tell you how many or provide the alternate link. >.< (If you're not familiar with v5, clicking the bubble for messages will take you to view your most recent message, but clicking the Messages link takes you to your inbox.)

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Chris Avatar
Toshiru Avatar

Input wanted:

If you could find a different way to display it, that might work better, but I like at least having them. They are used a ton in V5 so don't take them away ;)

I think text is fine with mark as read...

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Joe Kerr Avatar
Chris Avatar

Input wanted:

If you could find a different way to display it, that might work better, but I like at least having them. They are used a ton in V5 so don't take them away ;)

I think text is fine with mark as read...

Like I said, Ben and I toyed with a few ideas and we got this working, so we left it at that. :P I did think maybe a table listing all the notifications could work, but there's no where for it in v1.

When I convert v2, I'll likely put it in the nav table below the ads.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Chris Avatar
Joe Kerr Avatar

BTW, for the record, I will be making any SZ groups from the point shop into actual groups on v5. I'll work out how to get the 30 point fee taken care of later. :P

Do you mind if i use the SZ logo found in the graphics section for userbars and the other stuff to set up the group?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Joe Kerr Avatar
Chris Avatar

Do you mind if i use the SZ logo found in the graphics section for userbars and the other stuff to set up the group?

There's a premade, HD version of the v1 logo available in the premade database and the v2.1 logo here: uploads.roddyinnovations.com/users/Scorpian8867/rrlogo3_trans.png :)

Toshiru

Toshiru Avatar

Dedicated Member

June 2010
Simie Avatar
Chris Avatar

Input wanted:

1. Notification bubbles are brilliant. Personally, I believe it would look better if it was smaller and less in the way of the menu button but the way you have now is perfectly fine.

2. Honestly, I couldn't care less but I don't like that text shadow though.

Last Edit: Jan 4, 2013 20:13:34 GMT by Toshiru
Send me a message and we can talk about design forums.

newBookmarkLockedFalling