Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I haven't really talked to anyone for a few years. In fact, I got super lucky that the forum was actually active when I checked a few weeks ago for the first time in about a year, just to see if anything had happened.

So where's everyone at? Up to?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I mentioned this in my intro thread, but a brief synopsis is that I'm in the middle of my second deployment to the Persian Gulf. Working out, learning stuffs, that whole jazz. So in some ways, not much is going on with me. But in other ways, very BIG things are happening (like deployment) which is why not a whole lot else is happening.

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Sucking wang for beer money..

My life fell apart after SZ went dead.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Working on graduating from college this June. Got a job lined up out in San Francisco, and a fallback plan if that startup goes under. :P Just enjoying what's left of senior year at this point.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
Working on graduating from college this June. Got a job lined up out in San Francisco, and a fallback plan if that startup goes under. :P Just enjoying what's left of senior year at this point.

San Francisco?!

I must prepare for a road trip.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
The bay area, at the least. :P They're moving offices before I get out there.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
In last semester at College... graduating in April.... currently job searching...

Working 2 jobs, both web development related.

Yolo.
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Andrew McGivery Avatar
In last semester at College... graduating in April.... currently job searching...

Yolo.

I'll stab you for that.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
Deko Avatar

Finally. Somebody who's life seems even more booze-driven than mine!

And also herro Eric c: I haven't been doing anything but going to college and stuff. Boooooring~
Signature coming~

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Deko Avatar

For beer money. Oh man. At least go full heroin/meth/coke.

I mentioned this in my intro thread, but a brief synopsis is that I'm in the middle of my second deployment to the Persian Gulf. Working out, learning stuffs, that whole jazz. So in some ways, not much is going on with me. But in other ways, very BIG things are happening (like deployment) which is why not a whole lot else is happening.
True that, get to do anything crazy out there on a boat? What kind of stuffs you learning?

What kind of start up? Or is it full ndc? A couple friends and I are just about to finally launch our start up. We think it's gonna be huge, but so does every start up, so we'll see. Also, I'll hit you up if I'm ever gonna be around SF, I'm living in LA right now.

Finally. Somebody who's life seems even more booze-driven than mine!

And also herro Eric c: I haven't been doing anything but going to college and stuff. Boooooring~
That's why you've gotta spice it up.

Yolo.
Contracty? Or how is that working out? The two jobs thing.

Indeed, yolo.

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Eric Avatar
Deko Avatar

For beer money. Oh man. At least go full heroin/meth/coke.

That's a bit pricey, I'm lookin at a lot of wang if I go that route.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Eric Avatar

True that, get to do anything crazy out there on a boat? What kind of stuffs you learning?

What kind of start up? Or is it full ndc? A couple friends and I are just about to finally launch our start up. We think it's gonna be huge, but so does every start up, so we'll see. Also, I'll hit you up if I'm ever gonna be around SF, I'm living in LA right now.

Depends on your definition of crazy. We had a Wog day last year which is a ceremony for crossing the equator. Look it up for more details (or just ask if you really wanna know from me). Did a swim call where I got to swim in the Indian ocean. Uh...got to see different places. We've had some concerts on board, but none of them were bands I like (recently had Story of the Year and last deployment we got Sugar Ray). Life out here isn't too terribly exciting, honestly. Most of the fun and excitement comes from the creative and ridiculous ways me and the guys I work with try to break up the monotony. Like the time we had to get a 10 foot ladder from the fantail to the flight deck (it was too long to maneuver through the p-ways and up the ladderwells). So we tied a rope to me, me to a lifeline (which is basically like a guardrail), and then I shimmied down an incline (which was slippery and wet from the morning dew) off the backside of the ship, lowered another rope for them to tie to the ladder, and then we pulled it up. I felt like Spiderman, and I violated more safety rules than I can count. When I poked my head out and looked down at my LPO, he was like, "What the fuck are you doing?! Get back up there!" I was like, "No, just tie it on quick!" Since what I was doing was so colossally dangerous and wrong, he didn't even have a choice but to listen since we had zero time to argue. I wasn't exactly hidden on the flight deck... :P Yeah, it probably sounds way less exciting than it was, but it's one of my fonder memories. My favorite things about the Navy are the backwards, secret, fucked up ways we do things just to get the job done when "big Navy" has rules that say we can't, even though our chain of command says we have to "find a way" and "get it done". Good times.

Also, if you're in LA, and Chris is going to California, and I'll just be up in Washington, I'm DEFINITELY planning a road trip down there. I'll bring Aaron, James, and Twonny. :3

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Not that you probably know me Eric, but I'm finishing up my Junior year of highschool (Just realized I'm gonna be one of those "old" seniors :P).
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Eric Avatar
is it full ndc? A couple friends and I are just about to finally launch our start up. We think it's gonna be huge, but so does every start up, so we'll see. Also, I'll hit you up if I'm ever gonna be around SF, I'm living in LA right now.

Nice. I'll let you know. I know I'll be in the LA area when the MIT football team flies out to play Pamona next fall.

And www.sumologic.com/ is the startup. By startup, I mean they're doing really well right now and have been pulling a lot of funding from VCs. :P

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Contracty? Or how is that working out? The two jobs thing.

Indeed, yolo.

The one job I'm working as a part time developer for the college.

The other job is a small business type of deal working for clients.
k

newBookmarkLockedFalling